Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Frontier FIOS Customers: Check Your Bill

Recently I have been hearing radio commercials advertising Comcast Xfinity Internet service for only $19.99 a month.  We were paying considerably more than that, so I gave Comcast a call to see what the deal actually was. 

I spoke with a customer service person that quoted me a monthly price that was about $30 less than what we were paying, but we would have to pay installation costs to switch.  That would be about $40 extra, if we did it ourselves.  So, I decided to call our current carrier (Frontier FIOS) to see if they could match the monthly price I was quoted by Comcast.  This way we would not have to pay installation.

Upon contacting Frontier, a very nice customer service person told me that Frontier is running a $15 Internet special for the 15/5 (download/upload speed) Internet that we have.  Apparently, every FIOS customer should be getting this price.  We were paying $45 a month instead.  The customer service rep. credited my previous bill and changed our monthly price.

The moral of this story is, check your bill if you are  FIOS customer.  If you are not sure, give them a call and ask for your discount.  They will tell you if it's applicable.  Don't be afraid to question your bill.  It never hurts to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment