Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Frugal Thank You Cards


I wanted my son to send thank you cards for his birthday presents, to out of town Aunts and Uncles, so, I went to Walmart on the look out for thank you notes that would hold a 4x6 picture.  Well, those are hard to find and the only ones that worked were expensive!

As I was headed back towards the check out, I discovered these "Welcome to our class" postcards in the back to school section for only $.85 for a 30-pack.  I thought, why couldn't I paste the picture to the front of these and mail them that way?  So, that is what I did.

Glue stick works best, regular school glue made the paper curl up.  Also, you need to make sure there is plenty of glue stick around the edges, so the papers won't come apart and get caught on something.  Lastly, the extra frugal thing is that you can send them with a post card stamp, which is $.10 less expensive than the standard stamp.

These would work in many other ways.  Try them for invitations, birth announcements and Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment