Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Frugal Quick Tip: Double Check After Unloading Groceries



A great way to save money is to not let your perishable groceries rot in your car or trunk after you bring them home from the store!  I was in a hurry last Thursday night after coming home from Target.  I had stopped to get a few things before we left for a wedding in Indy on Friday.  The next morning rolls around, and I was packing food in the cooler.  I went to pack the baby's milk....and it wasn't in the fridge!  I had gotten a gallon of whole milk at Target (for $3.59 a gallon, no less), and I left it in the trunk overnight!

These sort of things (that I actually find myself doing quite often) really send me over the edge of sanity.  Maybe I should follow my own advice and make it a habit to double check the car or trunk to ensure I actually brought in all of my purchases.  Likewise, make sure you take them all out of bags as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment