Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Buy Diapers? Get Prizes!



Part of being frugal is taking advantage of free things that come your way.  Huggies and Pampers both offer rewards programs for purchasing their products.  You snag free stuff by registering an account, typing in codes for points and then once enough points have been accumulated, collecting prizes! 
This might sound like a pain, but we have a few suggestions for making it a little easier. 
  • Decide on a place to store the points and always keep them there.  This can be a baggie, box or jar that you know is your go to place. 
  • I like to cut all of the points out when I get home from the store (or before putting the diapers or wipes away), this may not be practical for you, but I find that my husband will throw them out without thinking when the package is empty.
  • Enlist help:  My five year old loves to type in the codes.  I will bring up the website and then let him type in the letters or numbers.  This is good practice for him as well as a big help for me. 
  • I usually wait until I have accumulated several before taking the time to enter them. 
We usually buy Target diapers, but often you can pair good coupons with good sales to make the name brand diapers less expensive than the store brands.  I just figure out what my lowest possible cost per diaper price is and go from there.  Even if you don't purchase the diapers, you can gain points by participating in polls, watching videos and playing games.  However, it would be very difficult to accumulate enough points to redeem any prizes without actually buying the diapers. 

I have gotten free diapers and wipes from Huggies and I have a friend who is brand loyal to Pampers for her twins that has collected a big wheel and a giant Melissa and Doug block set with her points. 

Sound like something that you would be interested in starting?  Here are the links: 

Huggies Enjoy the Ride Reward Program

Pampers Gifts to Grow Program

Often codes are released via the internet and we will post those as they become available.  Also, try doing a search for codes as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment