Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baking Soda as Toothpaste

While staring at the computer trying to decide which earth-shattering frugal tip to share with you next, my husband strolled by toward the kitchen.  He walked back toward the bathroom brushing his teeth.  After being asked what he was doing, he informed me he was 'cramming' for his dentist appointment the next day. He paused to ask me if I was ever forced to brush my teeth with baking soda growing up.  Of course I was!  I totally forgot!
I am not a dentist, though I wish I was, so please consult your tooth professional before changing your oral care regimen.  Brushing your teeth with baking soda will leave your teeth feeling silky smooth and looking pure white! Wet your toothbrush with water (or mouthwash for added minty freshness), dip in baking soda and brush!  Keep in mind the baking soda may feel gritty, thick and taste salty at first.  After sales and coupons I rarely pay for toothpaste, but I look forward to revisiting the baking soda toothpaste as a once-in-a-while detail for my teeth.
 

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like white and healthy teeth to make the dentist proud! Baking soda's a great way to help your pearly whites stay pearly white. And with flossing and brushing added to the mix you'll have some strong teeth greeting you on the mirror, everyday.

    ReplyDelete