Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Frugal Coffee Drinking: Part II in a Three Part Series

Obviously, making your own coffee at home is less expensive than buying it from a restaurant.  Here are some tips to make it even more frugal. 
  • Use coupons to buy your coffee at the store.  Here are a few links
  • There is a little store in New Haven called the 24/30 Surplus Store.  It is located at 218 State 930 West, New Haven, IN, 46774.
    • On my last visit to this store (about a week ago) there was nearly half an aisle dedicated to discounted name brand coffee.  I bought bagged Dunkin Donuts, Seattle's Best and Starbucks coffee, all priced at less than $4.00 a bag.  The best part?  They accept manufacturer coupons! 
    • Some of the merchandise is expired, but I have usually found the taste to be just fine. 
    • The products offered are unpredictable and vary greatly, but it is fun to see what you might find!
  • Don't throw out that coffee that you didn't drink.
    • I am the only coffee drinker in my house.  Therefore, the entire pot is not consumed in one day.  I always just put the remainder of my pot into my fridge and save it for the next day.  Now that we are approaching warmer weather, I will use it to make iced coffee.  All I do is add ice to a glass, pour the coffee over it and add milk.  If you are feeling adventurous, try adding a little Hershey's syrup too, instant iced mocha!
  • The Coffee Mateuccino, my brother in law's answer to the last drops of the creamer bottle.  You can read more about it here .
  • Also, always check FrugalFortWayne.com for links to great creamer and sweetener coupons!   

No comments:

Post a Comment