Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Frugal Wrapping Ideas

I had five of these paper boxes to wrap and instead of spending a fortune on wrapping paper, Kate suggested I use newspaper.  I only had a limited amount of comics, so I wanted to find a way to spruce up the regular paper, this is what I came up with:

First, I wrapped the box separately from the lid, to maximize re-usability.  Also, this makes it look nicer, I think.  See picture below:


Next, I made a several different bows/decorations to go on the top:

The Roses, my favorite. Note the leaves made from greener parts of the paper.
For This one, I took two pieces of paper and folded them, accordian -style and then secured in the middle.  I then fanned out the edges.  

Curly bow. for this, I rolled up two sheets of paper and then secured in the middle.  I then cut slits in the rolled part and  rolled up sections and let them go.



I must point out that I am not an especially crafty person, but I was proud of how these turned out and the brides seemed to like them!  It is amazing what Pinterest and a little sleuthing on the internet can get you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment